October 24, 2013
• Met with Employers on October 22, 23, and 24.
• Discussed a number of non-monetary Articles. Agreement on minor changes.
• Signed off a few non-contentious Articles.
• Employers made some amendments to Article 15 (Layoff & Recall) but major regressions still remain.
• On October 30th UNA will be releasing the details of staff changes ("decrease in total headcount") which will result from the planned Rotation Optimization.
• UNA issued a media statement and sent a letter to the AHS Official Administrator, Dr. John Cowell, in response to AHS Newspaper and Radio ads stating they are seeking an increase in nurses working full-time. Letter and media release available at WWW.una.ab.ca.
• Negotiating Committee discussed strategies in response to the media rumor that the Alberta Government is considering legislating contracts on UNA and AUPE.
• Next bargaining dates are November 6 and 7.
Please share this information!